Recipe by Sue Lau
Viva chipotle! Don't you just LOVE these little guys???
Top Review by Astarac
Terrific Salsa. A little hot, but great smoky flavor. I find it great without any added sugar or salt. I spray the pan with olive oil spray to reduce the oil. All my friends who've tried it, love it. Easy to make, too.
- 5 tomatillos
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, skins intact
- 1 small onion, in 1/4 ",slices
- 5 canned chipotle chiles, with 2 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- vegan sugar (or granulated sugar; to taste)
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Line baking pan with foil.
- Lightly oil pan with olive oil.
- Broil tomatillos, tomatoes, garlic (with skin on), and onion until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
- Remove skins from garlic.
- Place vegetables in food processor or blender and add remaining ingredients.
- Chop coarsely or pulse lightly.
- Season to taste.