Recipe by drbecca26
I don't eat a lot of salsa, but I love to make it for other people. They always seem to be so impressed, like you did a lot of work. Maybe because there are so many flavors going on in most salsas...anyway, in the spirit of fun, here is another one. The optional ingredients are recommended, by the way.
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle chile
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- lime juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch ground allspice (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tomatoes, garlic and cilantro in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl and add onion, adobo marinade and sugar.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste and any optional seasonings.
- Serve at once or cover and chill until ready to serve.