From Food & Wine Magazine March 2010 - This is super yummy, but much too spicy as written for our taste. I reduce the Chipotle to 3/4 t. We also like the fish more as is, with the avocado and mayo lime sauce without the cabbage and tortillas.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb salmon, skinless fillet cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 Hass avocado, mashed
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a small bowl, whisk the mayo with the lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the chipotle powder with the orange zest and sugar. Rub each salmon piece with 1 t. olive oil and then the chipotle-orange zest mixture. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake for about 8 minutes, until they are soft and heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and grill over high heat, until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Gently break each salmon piece in half. Spread the mashed avocado on the warm tortillas, top with the salmon, and the cabbage. Drizzle each taco with the lime-mayo and serve right away.
Refraining from over eating this is like advising a tornado not to twist.