Recipe by JeriBinNC
Try these with some grilled zucchini and onions and Mexican cornbread. Yum! This came from Dianna Coldiron on fatfree.com.
- 15 small red new potatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (can substitute cayenne)
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 sprig epazote (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pureed chipotle chile
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary (I grind it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil first ingredients 10 minutes, or until potatoes are knife-tender. Drain, discarding the peppercorns and herb sprigs.
- Mix chili puree, salt, and rosemary in a large mixing bowl. While potatoes are still warm, cut in half and toss with spice blend until well-coated.
- Grill or heat on a griddle until slightly dried and not-quite-blackened.
- *Look for chipotle chilies canned in adobo sauce. Puree the whole can and store in a jar in the refrigerator. They keep quite a while and are perfect for jazzing up all manner of foods. Use sparingly, though -- it's hot!