Recipe by Denise!
Crock pot recipe. Beware - this is spicy, but is an excellent shredded beef for tacos, sandwiches or enchiladas!
Top Review by Mommaofmany
I've been trying various chipotle meat recipes for a while. This is my favorite so far! Easy as all get out, spicy and tasty! I put the trimmed roast into the crockpot, then combined all the other ingredients into my blender. A quick spin later, I poured the liquified goodness all over the roast and turned on the crock. Dinner tonight was very well received.
- 3 lbs chuck roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chuck roast in large crock pot and sprinkle with the salt and pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on high for 5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the meat with a fork and simmer on high for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in enchiladas, tacos or on crusty rolls with the juice for dipping.