I put this together after I decided to make yummy cilantro rice. I crave Chipotle at home, so here it is! Awesome to suit any gluten-free diet or vegetarian.
- Bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- Add juice of a lime and cilantro and mix. Cover till ready to serve.
- Towards the end of the 20 minute rice, start the vegetables.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add sliced peppers and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 7-10 minutes till almost stir-fried brown.
- In nice sized bowl, add rice 1st, then hot vegetables on top, next add shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa.
Ola! Here eat this...I feel your hunger pains. I really do.
I made this on a night I had very little time to make dinner, and my family liked it. It was quick and easy- great for a week night and full of flavor!