Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy Spanish type rice
- 3 cups rice, cooked (We use Basmati rice)
- 1⁄3 cup extra-strong chicken broth or 1 bouillon cube, dissolved in same amount of water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chipotle chiles, in adobo
- Mix all ingredients and add to rice.
- Stir well and heat and serve.
I have lived in Spain for over thirty years now and I have never come across this dish...
I looked for a dish to complement a 'tortured' chicken, recipe 110928. This was ideal. I had to make some variations. Not being in the USA, I did not have access to the chilis in adobo. So, we lightly fried a couple of green 'hot' chilis, leaving in the seeds and pith. Tonight, we warmed up the remaining rice and served it as a side dish with our evening meal. Tops.