Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, puree chipotle and lime juice until smooth.
- Whisk chipotle mixture into mayonnaise 1/3 at a time.
- You may not use all of the chipotle depending on spiciness.
- Stir in cilantro, salt and pepper.
Heaven in a bowl! We adored this, Mean! I had never had remoulade before and was a little hesitant. I was really surprised by how fresh and light this is! The lime juice and cilantro are incredibly fresh tasting. This is a new family favorite! We served this with your Broiled Shrimp Scampi, french bread and Negra Modelo and received rave reviews! Thanks for posting!
I chickened out on using the whole can in this - well, I needed some chipotles in something else anyway, so I used 4 chiles. Wonderful taste, colour and texture. The finer the cilantro is chopped the better it looks. Accompanied BBQ carnitas (little BBq bits of pork). Very yummy.
I would never even have thought about eating chipotles when I was a little kid and that is the reason I had to wait until I was an adult to go completely out of control.