By The Lake's Note:
A very hearty salad that will surely please your family. I have used bagged tortilla chips in place of the 8 corn tortillas. Saves some prep time and cuts down on the heat in the kitchen in the summer. You can use more or less chipotle chili powder to suit your taste. We like our food spicy, so I tend to use more than what is called for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips OR
- 946.36-1182.95 ml bagged tortilla chips
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 4.92 ml ground dried chipotle powder, divided
- 411.06 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml ranch dressing, divided
- 1892.72 ml torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped red onion
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange tortilla strips on baking sheet. Bake, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Reserve a handful of tortilla strips for garnish. OR substitute the bagged tortilla chips.
- 2Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove skillet from heat; drain the oil; and then add 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, stir in beans and 1/2 cup ranch dressing; set aside to cool.
- 3Layer 3 cups lettuce, 1/3 of the tomato and onion, and 1/2 of the beef mixture in a trifle dish or deep glass bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the tortilla strips and 1/2 of the cheese; repeat layers. Top with remaining 2 cups lettuce, remaining tomatoes, onion, and cheese. Sprinkle with reserved tortilla strips.
- 4Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoons chili powder with remaining 1/2 cup dressing and serve with salad.
- 5* Start with lettuce, 2nd layer lettuce, and end with lettuce. 2 layers of beef mixture.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Ranch Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.4
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 886.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 37.3 g