Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
“Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry” Creamy ranch seasoning mingled with smoky chipotle makes these thick meaty black bean burgers one of a kind! Serve with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Dressing instead of mayo for an extra kick of Hidden Valley goodness. Oh yeah? Did I mention that with the help of a food processor you can whip up these scratch made bean burgers in 10 minutes! Then just pop um’ in the oven, sit back and relax.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium black beans, drained well
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, plus
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 cup diced shallot
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for oiling pan
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing (as a condiment)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat, add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent. Add spinach and sauté for one minute or until spinach is wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor fitted with the chopping blade combine black beans, corn, spinach, shallots, egg, bread crumbs, Chipotle pepper, Adobo sauce and the Hidden Valley Ranch Original seasoning mix. Pulse several times (stopping to remove lid and scrape down sides as needed) until mixture is desired consistency (I prefer my bean burgers fairly smooth some prefer chunky).
- Line baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Divide bean mixture into 6 portions onto prepared pan using a ½ cup measuring cup. With oiled hands shape them into thick patties.
- Bake for 35 minutes, flipping one through cook time.