Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is not your average, boring bean burrito. This bad boy packs a punch with chipotle pepper that is not only spicy, but also smokey. Add in the cool ranch dressing and you've got one hell of a flavor combo. Just don't under estimate the heat of the chipotle pepper. Add a little, give a stir and add a little more if you want. Also note that the sauce the peppers come in has a great flavor but not as much heat as the peppers themselves.
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane (or finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing (For a vegan ranch try Organicville. It's pretty tasty.)
- 2 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray or drizzle a little oil. Add garlic and onion, cook 2 minutes over medium-heat. Add beans, chipotle peppers, salt and water. Cook 3 minutes, giving it a few stirs. If needed, more water can be added 1 tablespoon at a time. Remove from heat. Now coarsely mash the bean mixture. You can do this right in the skillet. Just make sure to use a utensil that won't scratch your pan. A wooden spoon works well. Lastly, give it a taste and add more peppers or some of the sauce if desired.
- Mix your toppings, including dressing, all together. Now put some beans in your tortilla, add the toppings and wrap that sucker up and eat!