Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Potato salad with some heat!
- 2 large baking potatoes (with or without skin)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet gherkin
- Boil potatoes until soft, but not mushy.
- After potatoes have cooled, dice them and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Best eaten while potatoes are still warm.
This salad was outstanding. My family raved over the flavors. The flavors of regular potato salad is wonderful, one of my all-time favorites, but adding chipotle chile powder moved to up to another level, and the sweet gerkins were a pleasant counter-surprise to the pepper. It was easy to make about an hour before dinner, and I let it sit a room temperature until serving time. Another addition to my T&T book. Thanks Elizabeth for posting.