Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
Potato salad with some heat!
Top Review by Miss Annie
This salad was outstanding. My family raved over the flavors. The flavors of regular potato salad is wonderful, one of my all-time favorites, but adding chipotle chile powder moved to up to another level, and the sweet gerkins were a pleasant counter-surprise to the pepper. It was easy to make about an hour before dinner, and I let it sit a room temperature until serving time. Another addition to my T&T book. Thanks Elizabeth for posting.
- 2 large baking potatoes (with or without skin)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet gherkin