Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
the sauce adds a great flavor to the pork. this is from bon appetit. prep time includes marinating.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 6 cups orange juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chile, chopped
- put tenderloins in 2 large plastic bags.
- add 1 c orange juice and 1 tsp salt to each.
- chill 3 hours or overnight.
- to make the sauce, in a saucepan melt butter, add shallots, saute until soft.
- add wine, reduce for about 10 minutes.
- add 4 c orange juice, and chicken stock, bring to boil and cook until reduced to 1 3/4 c, about 45 minutes.
- add cilantro, chives, and chipotles.
- prepare grill or broiler.
- remove pork from marinade, wipe dry.
- grill or broil about 20 minutes, turning often.
- slice and serve with sauce.
Well, Chia, I finally did it, I made this recipe! The hardest part is remembering that I had to marinate the pork. I am not much of a planner. :o) Anywhooo, the sauce was a little strong when I taste-tested it. Once I put it over the pork, it was devine! I made a whole recipe of the sauce but only a little of the pork. I am going to save the extra sauce and cook up some rice to serve it over. This is a fabulous recipe! Thanks for the dare!
I expected more out of Bon Appetit! just didn`t do it for any of us.