Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 boneless pork chops, butterflied,diced into small bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 3 chipotle chiles
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 lime, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place one tablespoon oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot.
- Sprinkle chops with a small amount of salt and pepper and saute until browned and starting to get crispy.
- Add the diced potatoes, salsa verde, Rotel, chipotle chilis, coffee, beef broth and lime juice.
- Stir well and simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- Potatoes should be tender.
- Add corn and continue to simmer another 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and water in a small jar or container with lid, shaking until well mixed.
- Add one ladle or 1/4 cup of the broth to the jar and mix well.
- Slowly stir this mixture back into the pot of stew, stirring constantly.
- This will thicken the broth.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro at the end of cooking time and serve.
- May garnish with more cilantro if desired.
TOO HOT!! But that is easily remedied next time. This was easy & came together quickly. I used leftover pork roast & skipped the browning which also eliminated the oil. ;) I used 2 chipotles & wish I had only used 1 - dh & I ate it but the kids wouldn't. I doubled the sauce to ease up the heat so it wasn't a thick sauce but it was delicious - the coffee adds a nice richness. Great recipe!