Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. May 2007.
Make and share this Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos With Pineapple Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups minced pineapple
- 1 cup minced apple
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- To prepare salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Cover and chill.
- To prepare tacos, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes or until pork loses its pink color, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth and next 7 ingredients (through chipotles).
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve pork mixture with tortillas and salsa.
The flavours are amazing! The pineapple salsa helps to cool the chipotle pork taco mix. A great blend! I only used 1.5 cups of minced pineapple, and that was plenty. I didn't have any cilantro on hand, so I substituted with celery leaves. They gave a fresh taste to the salsa, which was a nice surprise because I haven't tried that before. Also, we used 1 chipotle chile because the kids were eating the dish too, and there was enough heat. Finally, I didn't have any cherry tomatoes so I substituted canned diced tomatoes. Even with all those changes it was delicious!