Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something new for ground pork. . Please disregard the posted 10 minute cooking time, it was put there just so the recipe would post. . NOTE: * No time is given in the directions for grilling, as the time will vary with the heat of your grill. Cook burgers to an internal temperature of 155F on an instant read or meat thermometer.
- 1 lb ground pork (80% lean)
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices cheddar jack cheese
- 4 buns (your favorite type)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large tomatillo, husked and rinsed, then sliced (1/4 lb)
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- Gently mix pork, chipotle, garlic, and a teaspoon of salt.
- Form mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Oil grill rack, cook pork patties to 155 degrees*, top each with a slice of Cheddar Jack.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise and assemble burgers with tomatillo, avocado, and cilantro.
- NOTE: * No time is given in the directions for grilling, as the time will vary with the heat of your grill.
- Please disregard the posted 10 minute cooking time, it was put there just so the recipe would post.
Delicous and easy to make! This is a 'must try' recipe, the chipotle adds a nice smoky flavor but it's not too hot or spicy. The combo of everything together on a roll is HEAVENLY.
I have made this 'as is' from the original recipe and it's out of this world, if you are watching calories, you can use ground chicken or ground turkey and it's also VERY good, so don't NOT try this recipe if you're not eating pork, just use the ground meat of your choice, you wont' be sorry!