Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
By The Canadian Living Test Ktichen, Canadian Living Magazine March 2007. Looks very yummy!
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 340.19 g ground lean pork
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml mild salsa
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced (canned) or 2.46 ml dried chipotle powder or 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 59.14 ml fresh coriander or 59.14 ml parsley, chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; fry pork, breaking up with fork, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Drain off fat; remove pork and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil; fry onion, garlic, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Return pork to pan. Add salsa and chipotle peppers; simmer, stirring, until thickened and saucy, about 3 minutes. Stir in fresh coriander.
- Spoon one-quarter of the pork mixture onto centre of each tortilla; sprinkle evenly with cheese, green pepper and tomato. Fold bottom edge over filling, then sides; roll up.
- Bake on rimmed baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven, turning once, until golden, about 7 minutes.
Delish! I bought a one pound container of ground pork and used the entire package with the same ingredients listed here and forgot to put in the bell pepper. Froze the rest of chipotle peppers in individual dixie cups lined with plastic wrap-hate wasting them and usually you only use one or two. Thank you Boomie for another great recipe! Made for PRMR Holiday game.
What a great-tasting burrito! I didn't use the ground pork called for in the recipe as I had some leftover roast pork that I shredded and proceeded with the recipe from direction #2. There was just enough of everything, and I liked the fact that the burritos were not too dry. A great meal.
Absolutely a keeper! Going into faves. Loved the smokey flavor of the chipotle and the ground pork. I think these would be equally delicious with ground beef. The only thing I did different was instead of turning the burrito, I spritzed it with oil to make the tortilla crisp up in the oven. Served with slices of avacado. Thanks for sharing your recipe.