By The Canadian Living Test Ktichen, Canadian Living Magazine March 2007. Looks very yummy!
Make and share this Chipotle Pork Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced (canned) or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small sweet green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 tomato, diced
- In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; fry pork, breaking up with fork, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Drain off fat; remove pork and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil; fry onion, garlic, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Return pork to pan. Add salsa and chipotle peppers; simmer, stirring, until thickened and saucy, about 3 minutes. Stir in fresh coriander.
- Spoon one-quarter of the pork mixture onto centre of each tortilla; sprinkle evenly with cheese, green pepper and tomato. Fold bottom edge over filling, then sides; roll up.
- Bake on rimmed baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven, turning once, until golden, about 7 minutes.