Recipe by Boomette
By The Canadian Living Test Ktichen, Canadian Living Magazine March 2007. Looks very yummy!
Top Review by WiGal
Delish! I bought a one pound container of ground pork and used the entire package with the same ingredients listed here and forgot to put in the bell pepper. Froze the rest of chipotle peppers in individual dixie cups lined with plastic wrap-hate wasting them and usually you only use one or two. Thank you Boomie for another great recipe! Made for PRMR Holiday game.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced (canned) or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small sweet green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; fry pork, breaking up with fork, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Drain off fat; remove pork and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil; fry onion, garlic, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Return pork to pan. Add salsa and chipotle peppers; simmer, stirring, until thickened and saucy, about 3 minutes. Stir in fresh coriander.
- Spoon one-quarter of the pork mixture onto centre of each tortilla; sprinkle evenly with cheese, green pepper and tomato. Fold bottom edge over filling, then sides; roll up.
- Bake on rimmed baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven, turning once, until golden, about 7 minutes.