Marinating the chicken in buttermilk ensures juicy, flavorful meat under the crunchy, tangy-spicy interior. From Big Oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl whisk together chipotle peppers, buttermilk, egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- 2Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken in the batter and let it sit for at least a couple hours in the fridge or overnight.
- 3Pour some panko breadcrumbs in a shallow plate.
- 4Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 5Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs as needed and fry on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place on paper napkins to soak up some of the oil. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Only add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time so as not to over crowd, so the chicken turns out crispy.
- 6Once out of fryer, season with more salt, pepper (if desired) and chopped cilantro to taste.
- 7Serve with your choice of dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Popcorn Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 94.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo