Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Aquired from The Culinary Institute of America: Grilling Cookbook, this is easy and makes a great topping for burritos, tacos, rice, stew, etc.
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 19.71 ml red onions, minced
- 2.46 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- salt, to taste
- 14.79 ml cilantro, sliced thin (chiffonade)
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- The pico de gallo can be used immediately, or it can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Enjoy!
Yum! This made a great topping for your Baja Fish Tacos but I could imagine it being great with all your other suggestions. Only change I made to suit what I had was use fresh garlic chives instead of cilantro.
This recipe makes a great salsa with a perfect amount of heat. The chipotle takes the pico de Gallo to the next level. Served this with chips and it was enjoyed by all!
Easy to do and something you've always wanted to know about. We love Pico de Gallo and this one is delicious. We would probably put in more onions and cilantro, but that's a matter of personal preference and doesn't change the methods. Made for Newest Tag 2007.