Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spicier variation of Spanish Rice I posted a couple of years ago. I did not have any onions or frozen peas and got creative with what I had available in my pantry. Great with just about any Mexican meal or eggs. Enjoy!
- 2 cups rice (white, brown, whatever)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 chipotle chile, diced
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add garlic and rice.
- Brown garlic and rice for a couple of minutes on high.
- Add bouillon cubes and water.
- Let boil for a minute or two.
- Add chipotle chili and adobo sauce.
- Stir everything.
- Cover pan with foil or pan lid.
- Turn burner to low.
- Let simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- You should not need to add anymore water, but if the rice has soaked up the previous water you can add more if it makes you feel better.