Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Not to spicy with 4 peppers.
Make and share this Chipotle Pepper Crock Pot Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs ground round
- 1 lb sausage
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 ounce cumin
- 1⁄4 cup oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried chilies
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart beef stock
- 2⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste)
- Brown meat and drain well.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions; saute over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, bay leaves, and chilies. Stir and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well. Cook 10 minutes over medium low heat.
- Place meat, beans and diced tomatoes in crock pot and stir in beef stock and tomato paste.
- Add garlic, onion and spice mixture to crock pot and mix well.
- Chop chipotle peppers and add to crock pot.
- Cook for 2 to 3 hours.