Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy, Spicy, Spicy!!!! This is my own recipe that has evolved. You can season it up if you want, but I keep it simple to get that smokey adobo flavor to come through.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups penne pasta (cooked)
- In large skillet cook sausage til done. Remove sausage and slice into medium coins.
- Add peppers and onion to skillet and cook til done.
- Add back in sausage, and remaining ingredients. Heat til warm.
- If you need to back off the spice, cut the adobo chipotle pepper in half.