Recipe by CarolAT
This is a wonderful pecan recipe that is different from the rest. The pecans start with the sweet taste of the sugar and spices but also have the kick at the end with the smoky chipotle. These pecans are great for snacking, gift giving or just adding to salads for that extra flavor.
- 5 cups pecan halves
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chipotle.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy; stir in pecans until coated.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans and stir until coated evenly. Hint: I like to put the pecans in a plastic baggie, pour the spice mixture over them, and shake to coat all the pecans evenly.
- Spread the pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until coating on pecans is crisp.
- Let cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.