Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe comes from our home town news web site. Delicious! You have gotta try this one.
Top Review by fugaler
my husbands words were "this is yummy". I thought it was good too, I didn't grill it because of lack of time. I cooked it in a saucepan with the lid on...some of the glaze burned onto the pan and didn't stick to the chicken- so that was a bummer- I spooned the leftover sauce onto the chicken and that redeemed it. It was really moist and good. If my husband says "this is yummy" without any prompting from me then it must be a keeper. I think I will have to give it another try on the grill and see if that won't up my star rating. We both loved the heat and sweet together
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves (can use low sugar or all fruit preserves)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray grill with cooking spray. Heat grill for direct heat.
- In a small saucepan combine preserves, lime juice, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Heat mixture over low heat, until preserves melt. Stir in cilantro and set aside.
- In a small dish combine garlic, pepper, cumin, and salt. Sprinkle mixture over chicken.
- Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 15-20 minutes, turning once or twice and brushing with preserve mixture last 3 minutes of grilling. Cook until juices of chicken are clear and when the centers of the thickest pieces are cut they are no longer pink.
- Heat any remaining preserve mixture to boiling. Boil and stir 1 minutes and serve with chicken as desired.