Recipe by Veghead
Found in the winter 2007 issue of Raley's Something Extra magazine. I used canned mandarin oranges since that's all I had on hand and added a few tablespoons of low fat feta cheese for extra zing.
Top Review by PaulaG
This is very good; however, I think next time I would add some of the orange zest as the orange flavor was rather mild. I made this to serve on top of shredded lettuce as a salad for a Mexican meal.
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, pitted and coarsely mashed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange, finely chopped including juice
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon squeezed fresh lime juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon chipotle chile, in adobe minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt