Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Absolutely delicious clear orange colored glaze; The chipotle flavor and sweetness of the orange compliment when balanced. Multi uses but I had it over batter crusted Sea Bass with a Mango salsa, pilaf, and asparagus. Exquisite.
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, crushed (or 2 whole peppers)
- Note: peppers can be fresh or dried and do not have to be re-hydrated prior to use.
- Bring OJ and corn syrup to a simmer.
- Add the chipotle.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 hours until reduced to desired consistancy. (about 2 cups).
- Don't rush the reduction.
- [stir frequently and watch for burning and boil over].
- Strain and cool. Use at room temperature.