Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My new love is chipotle peppers so I was glad to find this recipe. Has a great contrast of sweet and spicy. I haven't actually tried this in the oven yet as the directions are written. I used the marinade with chicken pieces and then grilled it. Tasty! I stumbled upon it while surfing the web...got it from a blog called Elana's Pantry.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens (or 3-4 lbs. assorted chicken pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground dried chipotle chile
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in an 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbes de provence, agave, salt and chipolte.
- Rub mixture onto chicken.
- Pour orange juice over chicken.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator, time permitting for up to 3 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Note: When grilling, I drained off the marinade and used the reserve to baste the chicken on the grill.