Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This Gluten-Free Chipotle Orange Chicken Recipe is from Elana's Pantry (www.elanaspantry.com). It is my children’s current favorite entrée, and will be the main course at our Passover Seder. Its sweet flavors are just right for this festive celebration.
Top Review by Feej
We really enjoyed this. I didn't have agave nectar, so we went without. I used chicken breasts & ended up letting it marinade for 24 hours. Then I grilled them, instead of using the oven. Also, while the chicken was cooking, I boiled down the marinade & it turned into a lovely sauce. I know that's a lot of changes, but it turned out just lovely. I wouldn't have thought to put herbes de provence in it & that was a nice touch. Thank you very much for sharing!
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 14.79 ml herbes de provence
- 59.14 ml agave nectar
- 4.92 ml celtic sea salt
- 14.79 ml chipotle chile
- 236.59 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in an 8 x 12 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, herbes de provence, agave, salt and chipotle.
- Rub mixture onto chicken.
- Pour orange juice over chicken.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator, time permitting for up to 3 hours.
- Bake at 350°F for 1.5 to 2 hours.