Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a spicey, smokey pepper mustard. The mustard needs to be chilled for 2 days before using. Refrigerate for 2 months or freeze. Use on your favorite sandwich, or mix with honey and glaze a chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered chipotle pepper (chiletoday.com)
- 1⁄2 cup dry mustard
- Place all ingredients into a vita mix, blender or food processor blending with a couple on-off motions.
- Grinding till the seeds are the texture you desire.
- Place into a well sealed jar and chill 2 days.
This is Excellent! If you love spicy then this is for you. I thought it turned out perfect. I can't wait to try it mixed with honey and put on chicken, I'll think it will be yummy.Thanks so much for putting a wonderful recipe like this out here. Thanks Rita L.....
This taste very good. Though I wish I had added less chipotle powder. Just a little to hot. Though I am sure it will be good mixed with honey and used for the glaze on chicken. Next time I will use a little less chipole pepper powder.