3 hrs 20 mins
Iron Woman's Note:
This is an authentic recipe...I saw it on Cooking with Beth and Bill. Chef Steve Ells, Chipotle Mexican Grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Generously salt and pepper the pork shoulder; let meat come to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Add olive oil to a large ovenproof pan. Sear the pork over medium-high heat until very brown on all sides. Remove pork from the pan; let rest on a platter for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4Leaving an even coating, drain excess oil from the pan. Add onions; sweat over low heat until translucent. Return pork to the pan; add remaining ingredients. Cover pan, place in the oven and cook for 2 to 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 140 to 150 degrees F. Let pork rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- 5Use as burrito/taco meat or you can serve with vegetables and potatoes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Mexican Grill Braised Pork Shoulder Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.7
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 241.5 mg
- Sodium 225.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 59.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: