Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A versatile mayo. The optional addition of honey tinges it sweet. Recipe easily increases or decreases proportionately.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (grated or minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chipotle peppers, in adobo pureed
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional but it adds character)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir the mayonnaise, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, honey and kosher salt together in a small bowl. Add more lemon juice, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey or salt to taste if desired.
We loved this. I served it as a side dip for a tilapia dish. Instead of the dreaded mayo and ketchup mixture. DH loved it as well as I did. What an easy dish to prepare. I plan to use it on tuna sandwiches and egg salad dishes in the future. Thanks for posting. :)
Yum! I loved this mayo and used it with a tuna salad sandwich. I will be using this alot. Thanks! Made for Australian Recipe Swap-Sept. 2010.