Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 2/3 cup serving: 264 calories, 6.4 g fat, 3 g protein, 49.4 g carb, 4.4 g fiber, 19 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by Julie F
Very nice change from mashed potatoes and everyone enjoyed. I cut WAY back on the adobo chiles (part of one chopped up and about 1 t of the sauce) but offered some on the side for my husband to mix in to his. Everyone was pleased. The lime flavor really stood out to me, which was a nice touch. We will definitely make this again!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sweet potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pan; add in half-and-half, butter, and juice; mash to desired consistency.
- Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Take 2 chilies out of the can and chop them; reserve remaining chiles and sauce for something else.
- Stir chopped chilies, brown sugar, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon into potato mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the top.
- Serve immediately.