Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 2/3 cup serving: 264 calories, 6.4 g fat, 3 g protein, 49.4 g carb, 4.4 g fiber, 19 mg cholesterol.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Put sweet potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pan; add in half-and-half, butter, and juice; mash to desired consistency.
- Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Take 2 chilies out of the can and chop them; reserve remaining chiles and sauce for something else.
- Stir chopped chilies, brown sugar, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon into potato mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Very nice change from mashed potatoes and everyone enjoyed. I cut WAY back on the adobo chiles (part of one chopped up and about 1 t of the sauce) but offered some on the side for my husband to mix in to his. Everyone was pleased. The lime flavor really stood out to me, which was a nice touch. We will definitely make this again!
Three days before Christmas, I decided to serve this recipe along with Hot Pecan Peas(#153930) and Awesome Baked Ham( #46922. Found all the ingredients except the chipotle chiles on adobo. Went ahead and prepared it without the chipotle chiles and the kids loved it. Next time, I'll check some local ethnic supermarkets for the chipotle chiles. Thanks for sharing.
This are really good. Fun and different. I will make these again!