Recipe by mariposa13
From fooddownunder.com. I thought this looked like a neat recipe. Please rate it if you make it!
Top Review by sugarpea
Definitely not boring, delicious, orange, mashed potatoes. I recommend you puree the chile but use your usual method for mashing the potatoes, folding the pureed chile in afterwards. Processing potatoes makes them gluey and shiny - even if they still have lumps.
- 2 large white potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 chipotle chile, seeds removed (to 2)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk, hot or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional) or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Place the potatoes in boiling water and cook, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- To a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the chipotle peppers and garlic and process until minced, about 5 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, milk, butter, if desired, parsley, paprika, and salt, and process until the mixture is smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Stop to scrape the sides at least once (leave a few lumps for a "homestyle" texture).
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and serve immediately.