This spicy, flavorful steak makes a delicious filling for fajitas, tacos or sandwiches. Time to make does not include 30 minute marinating time.
- Mix onion, chipotle chiles, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika and olive oil in a large bowl or ziploc bag.
- Add steak and coat completely and evenly.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Cook steak over high heat, until nicely browned and cooked to your desired doneness. (about 6 minutes for rare; 8 minutes for medium-rare).
- Remove from grill and place on cutting board; loosely tent with foil.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of fresh lime over steak, if desired.
- Slice into thin strips, across grain.
- If making fajitas, grill some onions & peppers along with the steaks. Add other garnishes as desired, such as avocado slices and tomatoes.
- For tacos you may want to add lettuce, cheese & salsa.
- These make delicious sandwiches served on crusty rolls with grilled onions, mushrooms & peppers; topped with melted swiss or jack cheese.