1/2 Photos of Chipotle-Marinated Skirt Steak
This spicy, flavorful steak makes a delicious filling for fajitas, tacos or sandwiches. Time to make does not include 30 minute marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix onion, chipotle chiles, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika and olive oil in a large bowl or ziploc bag.
- 2Add steak and coat completely and evenly.
- 3Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat grill to high heat.
- 5Cook steak over high heat, until nicely browned and cooked to your desired doneness. (about 6 minutes for rare; 8 minutes for medium-rare).
- 6Remove from grill and place on cutting board; loosely tent with foil.
- 7Let rest 10 minutes.
- 8Squeeze juice of fresh lime over steak, if desired.
- 9Slice into thin strips, across grain.
- 11If making fajitas, grill some onions & peppers along with the steaks. Add other garnishes as desired, such as avocado slices and tomatoes.
- 12For tacos you may want to add lettuce, cheese & salsa.
- 13These make delicious sandwiches served on crusty rolls with grilled onions, mushrooms & peppers; topped with melted swiss or jack cheese.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Marinated Skirt Steak
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 886.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo