Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the flavor of Chipotles in adobo sauce. But on their own they are extremely spicy. Combining them with brown sugar, the citrus tones down the heat a little.
For the marinade
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar (optional)
- 4 toasted English muffins or 4 toasted sandwich buns
- Coleslaw, my Sweet and Tangy Cole Slaw for serving
- Clean Chicken:.
- Soak chicken in water and vinegar for a couple of minutes. Rinse well, pat dry and transfer to ziploc bag or large bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor. Process until thick but not chunky.
- Add marinade to chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours preferably overnight. Remove chicken from refrigerator half hour before cooking.
- Preheat a indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to med/high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 3 minutes per side (turning once).
- Place a piece of the grilled chicken on the toasted muffin or roll. Top with a generous amount of coleslaw.
- I served these sandwiches with my seasoned oven fries recipe #505243.