- 1 lb coarsely chopped peeled sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk (soy milk for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Chipotle chile peppers come packed in adobo sauce and are available in seven-ounce cans.
- Because you need such a small amount in this recipe, you can freeze what's left over in a heavy duty freezer bag for another use.
- Place sweet potato in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.