Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light Online - July 2001. Wow is the only comment I've had
Make and share this Chipotle-Maple Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Note: Chipotle chile peppers come packed in adobo sauce and are available in seven-ounce cans.
- Because you need such a small amount in this recipe, you can freeze what's left over in a heavy duty freezer bag for another use.
- Place sweet potato in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Fantastic! We ate with a roasted chicken with barbeque spices. This is a fun Southwestern theme, not too foreign and not too many ingredients. We will definately make again! I like that the spiciness can be adjusted by the amount of pepper seeds that are removed (or not) from the chipotle peppers. Thanks for posting, this was a big winner!
This is an amazing side dish. I used yams instead of sweet potatoes, and I baked instead of boiled them. The best part about this is that you can make it ahead of time and heat it in a crockpot if you're baking other things, say a turkey or ham. The dish is sweet, but not overwhelmingly so, and the chipotle gives it a unique kick.