Recipe by Barb G.
This sauce taste great over Pork. Have not tried this with Chicken or Beef.
Top Review by sugarpea
Made a chipotle sauce the other night and knew I could handle more than 2 tsp of it so I added probably 2T's worth. The heat was nice but it totally covered up the flavor of the mangoes. So don't overdo the chipotle. Had this on grilled chicken. Be careful, it burns easily on high heat. Use medium.
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle chile
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons creole mustard or 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup diced mango
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine ALL ingredients EXCEPT MANGO.
- Process until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Scrape down sides with a rubber spatula.
- Pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Fold in diced mango and refrigerate overnight before using.
- Tastes great over pork.