Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The butter mixture here actually came from a recipe for a spread for grilled corn on the cob! We had a lot left over, so we started thinking of other ways to use it. My husband suggested shrimp, and that was a BIG winner! Try serving it with crusty sourdough bread to soak up the extra sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature (not margarine)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 -4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- Whip together all the ingredients except shrimp, until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange shrimp in one layer in a glass baking dish. Dot with the butter mixture.
- Bake 8-15 minutes, turning every 4-5 minutes. The timing depends on the size of the shrimp. They are done when they turn pink and opaque. Don’t overcook--they will become tough.