Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Adopted this recipe on 9/06. Love the combo of flavors and agree with the suggestions of the reviewers, a pinch of sugar would be good.
Top Review by Heather U.
Delicious dish, and a wonderful complement to grilled steak seasoned simply with salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. I reduced the oil by half without ill effect, and would suggest adding a little bit of sugar to cut the acidity (but not enough to turn this into a sweet dish, for heaven's sake). It occurs to me that one could prepare a yummy stir-fry with any leftover mushrooms and some thinly-sliced steak. If only there were enough left over! Darn, I'll have to prepare these again. :) Thanks for posting, MEAN CHEF.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon pureed canned chipotle chile in adobo, depending on spiciness desired
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, thinly sliced into circles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise, then very thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 lbs very button mushrooms (or medium mushrooms, halved)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley