Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
On it's own this is an awesome Dip with unlimited possibilities - and it's ready in just minutes. The grilled shrimp is great, as is grilled chicken. I have substituted the new Tabasco Chipotle Flavour hot sauce and it's a great flavour. Originally from Food and Drink.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I am a real stickler for cocktail sauce for my shrimp but I just loved this dip. I made as posted using minced chipotle. I also used large shrimp instead of the tiger shrimp. This was very easy to make and I made it for lunch for my DH and I. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle barbecue sauce or 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 ounces large tiger shrimp, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle sauce, garlic, lime rind and lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving (up to one day) Using metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes, thread two or three shrimp on each skewer.
- Place each skewer on greased grill and grill until pink (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side).
- Serve either hot or cold with Chipotle Lime Dip for dipping.