Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
On it's own this is an awesome Dip with unlimited possibilities - and it's ready in just minutes. The grilled shrimp is great, as is grilled chicken. I have substituted the new Tabasco Chipotle Flavour hot sauce and it's a great flavour. Originally from Food and Drink.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle barbecue sauce or 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 ounces large tiger shrimp, peeled
- In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle sauce, garlic, lime rind and lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving (up to one day) Using metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes, thread two or three shrimp on each skewer.
- Place each skewer on greased grill and grill until pink (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side).
- Serve either hot or cold with Chipotle Lime Dip for dipping.
I am a real stickler for cocktail sauce for my shrimp but I just loved this dip. I made as posted using minced chipotle. I also used large shrimp instead of the tiger shrimp. This was very easy to make and I made it for lunch for my DH and I. Thanks for posting!
I wasn't sure about this dip at first because I test tasted it straight away after making it and it was very very lime flavored. I let the dip rest for 5 hours and it was absolutly wonderful with the shrimp. I loved it! Thanks so much!
Loved the fresh and lightly spicy flavors in this dip. We used it with shrimp as the recipe suggested and enjoyed the blend of summery flavors. The next night, I added some southwestern seasoning to the leftover dip, and tossed it with a can of drained black beans, chopped red and green bell pepper, chopped avacado, and a can of drained corn for a southwestern salad topper. Delicious! Thanks for the recipe.