Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Im serving these to ALL my guests from now on - they are tremendous. Feel free to heat them up with hot pepper flakes or serve them as is.
- Combine barbecue sauce, honey, lime juice and zest and set aside.
- Combine flour, corn starch and seasoning salt in a bowl.
- Dust each wing with flour mixture and set aside on wax or parchment paper.
- Heat deep fryer or potted oil to 325 - 350°F.
- Dust a few wings at a time- second time and fry for 7 - 8 minutes - let cool on wire rack.
- When all the wings have been fried - heat 2 -tablespoons of butter in a deep pan.
- Add the sauce mixture and combine well with the butter (this makes them glossy).
- Add the wings and mix to make sure each wing is completely saturated with sauce & rewarmed .
- Serve -- .
Wowza! These are fantastic. Even my uber-picky DS loved these. I was crunched for time, so I used pre-breaded chicken nuggets, baked until crispy. I also did not have/could not find the chipotle bbq sauce, so I used regular and added in about 1-1/2 choppped up chipotle in adobo. Very nice and just a bit spicy! Thanks for a great treat.