Recipe by gailanng
Enough marinade for 2 - 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless breast, trimmed of excess fat. Serve with warmed tortillas, grilled peppers and onions, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 -4 canned chipotle chiles (depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2 -3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (not table salt)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (chipotle, ancho, New Mexico)
- lime, juice and zest of (no white pith)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processer, combine garlic, chipotles, sugar, salt, chile powder, lime zest and juice and oil. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large zip-top bag and add chicken. Seal bag, squeeze out air and massage bag to coat chicken evenly in marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and not more than 24 hours.