- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a big skillet over medium heat; add in the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the chili powder; cook 30 seconds.
- Add in the sweet potatoes; stir to coat with the spices.
- Transfer mixture to a large slow cooker; add in the tomatoes, beans, broth; season with salt; cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in the chipotles; taste to adjust seasonings.