Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From homesicktexan.blogspot.com Posted for ZWT5.
Make and share this Chipotle Ketchup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounces can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo seasoning
- salt, to taste
- On medium low heat, cook the diced onion in the olive oil in a medium-sized pot just until the onions start to brown a bit on the ends.
- Add the tomatoes and their juice to the pot, crushing the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- After an hour, puree the mixture, and then continue to cook on low heat until it reaches your desired thickness.