Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't settle for store bought! This is super easy to make and oh so much better. Just that perfect amount of heat that makes you want to keep on eating it! (Or, if you prefer it less spicy, just use fewer chipotles). I like to serve this with pita wedges, crackers and baby carrots. It's always a hit at parties and tailgates, and makes a large amount so it's a perfect dish for sharing. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 198.44 g can chipotle chiles in adobo, use 4 chipotles and some sauce (freeze the remainder for the next time you make it)
- 2 (878.83 g) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 29.58 ml tahini sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, medium size
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml lemon juice or 14.79 ml lime juice
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add more peppers and salt for additional heat, if desired.
- Serve chilled.
- Store refrigerated wtih olive oil drizzled on top.
I scaled back the heat some for DH. Very garlicky, which I loved. Used left overs to make hummus sandwiches.