Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A smoky flavored hummus with a bit of a kick! Makes a big batch but easy to half if you prefer.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon or 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the garbanzo beans, water, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, chipotle pepper, garlic, and cumin in the bowl of a food processor.
- blend until smooth.
- Add the red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse the mixture until the ingredients are coarsely chopped into the hummus base.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover, and chill until ready to serve.