Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the dressing they serve with salads at Chipotle Mexican Restaurant. I found this clone recipe on another site. I haven't tried it yet, but hope it is close.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except oil in blender and blend on low speed for ten seconds.
- SLOWLY drizzle olive oil into blender on low speed.
- Chill for at least an hour.
I have never eaten at Chipotle's so I don't know how it compares to theirs; but I CAN say this is awesome dressing! I love this stuff. I have used it on regular salad; cabbage salad; bean and corn salad; and as a marinade for chicken breasts. Very easy to make, with ingredients I always have on hand - and no gunk I can't pronounce like store bought dressing. Thanks for posting this - I will make it often for sure.
What a light and creamy dressing this is that is amazing in taste and ding. I love the addition of the dried chipotle powder. And, of course the paprika which is why I made this for the Spice of the Month in the FrenchForum~
There's nothing like eating a green salad with a delicious homemade dressing and feeling your elastic pants band a little loose...NOTHING. Now don't fight me on this.