Recipe by Abby Girl
If you like hot and smoky, this sauce is for you. It can be done on spareribs in the crockpot or chicken on a can. The application is endless! I sometimes double the recipe and freeze in small containers...ready for a fast and easy supper!
- 10 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 566.99 g tomatoes (6 Roma)
- 59.14 ml chipotle chile in adobo
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml salt
- 59.14 ml fresh oregano, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat garlic with oil and wrap in foil. Bake at 450 oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Broil tomatoes until skin turns dark brown on all sides. Peel and seed tomatoes.
- Place chipotle peppers in blender; process until finely chopped. Add tomatoes and garlic; process until smooth. Add vinegar, molasses, honey, sesame oil, cumin and salt; puree. Blend in oregano.